Saturday 9 January 2010

I Belong to Glasgow...

Inspired by the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns, Homecoming Scotland 2009 extended an invitation to Scotland's people, at home and abroad to celebrate this great country. Nearly 400 events were held to showcase Scotland's wealth of talent.... including one here in Second Life, at the Stormy Nights Arts Centre. For nine months we displayed a random set of images from artists and friends. The aim was not to promote individual artists but to show, without pomp or circumstance, a selection of homegrown talent.

Homecoming Scotland 2009 may be over but I am not quite ready to pack everything away just yet. The new display at Stormy Nights is a random selction of images, video clips and objects, reminiscent of a Glasgow childhood in the 40s and 50s, with the exception of the "Glasgow Blues" who came much later in the 60s and 70s.

Some of the paintings from the original Homecoming Scotland display have been moved upstairs to the second floor.

If you are a Second Life member and would like to vist-just check my picks for a teleport link. If you are not a Second Life member you are probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about, LOL.

The images displayed are personally owned, open source or source unknown. The objects displayed have been created and collected throughout second life and customised for purpose. If any image creator recognises an open source or unknown source image as their own work and would like it removed, I will be very happy to do so on proof of copyright ownership:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruby, I dropped by Stormy Nights last night and had a great time looking at the new stuff you have created there. It's quirky and you have done a great job, even with the limitations of objects made in virtual reality. Not being Scottish, I didn't quite get all the cultural references but it looks a real labour of love. I am fast becoming a Ruby fan, LOL

    Love the blog btw.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear once I have processed my emails. I try and do this once a day:)